I cannot believe I did not think of this idea before.
A loves t-shirts. All he wears are t-shirts, especially graphic ones like the below.
Sidenote: Those arms? They make me blush.
A also has 3 things he says often:
- “Oh really now?” (when he doesn’t really believe something)
- “Question.” (right before he asks a question)
- “This is it.” (before he explains something)
So I’ve decided to create custom t-shirts for him with the above sayings. I think it will be simple since they are just basic letters on a basic t-shirt. I’ll probably do it myself because it will be cheaper, as opposed to outsourcing it to a custom screen printing company.
This is possibly the best idea I’ve ever had in my entire life. Yep, I really just went there.
My head is spinning with all the ideas floating around. This is what happens sometimes after I go through a period of inspirational dryness – it’s like every awesome idea under the sun comes at me all at once and I don’t have time to do all of them….or even write them all down!
After the cookie and pantygram package sent to A last week I had so many other ideas of things to make and send him. Most of them I decided not to do just because of shipping costs (it’s seriously ridiculous).
Instead I’ve earmarked the following ideas (in my head) that should not cost much to ship:
1. I made the below QR code that I will attach to a small bottle of maple syrup. (Apparently I make the best pancakes ever and it was the only thing he ever wanted me to make).
In case you don’t have a scanner or don’t care to scan the above, it says:
“I was going to give you the pancake recipe to go with this syrup, but then decided I’d just make it for you when I’m down there – so hold this syrup until then!”
2. I am doing my own version of the below library card idea except the card will say “can I keep you?” instead of “I love you”
That’s about as mushy as I can get without wanting to slap myself.
I no longer have the link to the original version of this, but I believe it may have come from Etsy and I picked it up somewhere else.
3. I am in the process of knitting a beanie for him. It’s the only type of hat he wears and the only thing I could think of to knit for him. Still trying to think of other ideas. He doesn’t need scarves and mitts in Jamaica (unfortunately for me because that would be so easy but fortunately for him because it’s fucking cold outside in Canada).
4. Finally I found the best motto for him and would love to turn this into something he could put in his bathroom – the only problem is figuring out how to execute it.
Any other ideas welcome!
After hearing A’s voice yesterday sounding so not like him I went home and got started on the care package. I decided to make chocolate chip shortbread cookies since I figured they would hold up better in transit (they are delicious, by the way).
These smelled amazing when they were baking.
And they tasted even better.
I packed the cookies carefully in this tupperware container with a shitload of waxed paper to hold everything in place. I didn’t want the cookies to be tossed around and arrive crumbled, that would be such a waste. I finished it off with a bow, just because I’m awesome like that.
I also included the “pantygram” – panties picked up from the grocery store (gotta love Loblaws, where I can pick up panties, milk, and nail polish at the same time).
Actually I picked the card up there too and I thought it was pretty fitting – the inside says:
“What the hell is up with this?
I included a personal message but since it’s personal I won’t share it here. Oh, and the fabric envelope came from work because we have a million of these types of things around, which is going to make it really easy for me to nicely package the other things I want to send him….
The silver lining about this different country thing we have going on is that it gives me the opportunity to be super crafty. I have ideas, so many ideas, for things to make and send him. I can barely contain myself!